How To Use Dry Shampoo: Ultimate Guide
There is no running away from the fact that sometimes we all get lazy and washing our hair feels like a chore. Here enters the dry shampoo- a hair care saviour on those days to refresh your look, leaving you with voluminous hair. Dry shampoo has become a popular product in recent years due to its convenience and effectiveness. Whether you have used it many times or are ready to know the buzz, these are the essential things you need to keep in mind when looking for a dry shampoo for hair.
What Is Dry Shampoo and How Does It Work?
Dry shampoo usually comes as a powder or spray that is used to freshen your hair in between washes. It's great for covering up greasy roots and can occasionally provide volume to your hairstyle.
While dry shampoo is excellent for rejuvenating and prolonging the life of your hairstyle, it should not be used in place of your usual shampoo regimen. Dry shampoo, despite its name, does not truly clean your hair. Indeed, skipping numerous wash days and depending on dry shampoo can result in significant buildup on your scalp.
Dry Shampoo Benefits
1. Time saving- Dry shampoo is a time-saving solution for hectic days or when you don't have access to water. It may instantly revitalise your hair, making it ideal for rushed mornings or post-workout touch-ups.
2. Hair volume and texture- Dry shampoo, in addition to its oil-absorbing capabilities, gives volume and structure to your hair, making it simpler to style and manage.
3. Extended hairstyles- For those who color-treat their hair or style it intricately, washing it too often can lead to color fading and a loss of style. Dry shampoo allows you to extend the time between washes, preserving your hair's vibrancy and style for longer.
How To Use Dry Shampoo
1. Start by brushing hair- Before applying dry shampoo, make sure to detangle your hair.
2. Section your hair- Divide your hair into sections, allowing you to apply dry shampoo evenly to all parts of your hair.
3. Apply the hair shampoo- Hold the dry shampoo about 6-7 inches away from your hair and focus on the roots. If using powder, gently sprinkle it along the roots.
4. Massage and wait- Gently massage the product into your scalp with your fingertips, distributing it evenly. Allow the product to sit for a few minutes to absorb dirt or oil.
5. Brush again- After the waiting period, brush your hair again to remove any residue and distribute the dry shampoo throughout your hair.
When Should You Apply Dry Shampoo?
While dry shampoo is an excellent way to refresh your hair, it is important that you do not overdo it. It should not be used in place of regular shampooing. Ideally, you should wash your hair every two to three days with water and regular shampoo. In the interim, you may use dry shampoo to keep your hair fresh and manage oil accumulatio
Our Best Dry Shampoos
1. Olaplex No. 4D Clean Volume Detox Dry Shampoo
Olaplex No.4D Clean Volume Detox Dry Shampoo, expertly composed to refresh your roots between washes, whilst supporting and soothing the scalp. The revolutionary formula calls on skincare science-inspired ingredients to detoxify and refresh the scalp and strands, topped with patented Bond Building Technology to leave hair feeling light as air.
Olaplex No. 4D Clean Volume Detox Dry Shampoo
2. Kerastase Fresh Affair Refreshing Dry Shampoo
Say goodbye to bad hair days with Fresh Affair. Silicone and talc free, Fresh Affair Dry Shampoo instantly absorbs excess oil on scalp & hair and offers a 24HR long-lasting neroli fragrance. Infused with rice starch for added body and texture, this waterless shampoo is the perfect way to refresh hair at-home or on the go.
Kerastase Fresh Affair Refreshing Dry Shampoo 150g
3. Philip Kingsley Flaky/Itchy Dry Shampoo
This Flaky Itchy Scalp Soothing Dry Shampoo by Philip Kingsley addresses dandruff and other scalp issues. It refreshes hair between washes and soothes itching by absorbing excess oil and sebum.
Philip Kingsley Flaky/Itchy Dry Shampoo 200ml
Dry shampoo is without a doubt a game changer in the world of hair care, providing an instant remedy for oily or lifeless hair. You can make the most of this time-saving and handy hair product by learning what it is, its benefits, and how to use it effectively.
At The Juice Beauty, we have a variety of beauty products online in Dubai to benefit your hair including dry shampoos, hair growth serum, hair loss treatment products and more, so you can get a voluminous and fresh experience with no effort.
1. Why use dry shampoo?
If you have an oily scalp, a dry shampoo will spare you from having to wash your hair every day during the week. This shampoo has oil-soaking characteristics that help remove excess oil and grease from your scalp without washing your hair.
2. Do you use dry shampoo in the morning or at night?
It's better to apply dry shampoo at night before going to bed. Applying it at night allows it to absorb all of the oil from your scalp and hair overnight, allowing you to wake up with revitalized strands that aren't greasy.
Disclaimer : The suggested products serve as general recommendations and should be considered as such. We highly recommend consulting with our The Juice Beauty Experts to have your skin assessed and review your current skincare products before embarking on any new skincare regimen. Terms and conditions apply.