5 Essential Summer Hair Care Routines You Should Follow
With the arrival of summer, warmer weather is just around the corner, but it also comes with potential damage to our hair. Even though we all love to spend time outside and soak in the sun, our hair may be damaged by harsh elements, including high heat, UV radiation, and strong winds. Due to this, we may experience frizz, breakage, and split ends, making it challenging to manage our hair. The solution isn’t to chop off your hair but instead to change your summer hair care routine to suit the weather. We don’t want you to have a bad hair day ever so be ready to take charge and enjoy these great routines.
How Is Hair Care in Summer Different From Other Seasons?
Summers are harsh on your hair. We spend time outdoors, such as at parks and beaches, throughout the summer. While going on excursions and attending beach parties are fun, one should be aware of the damaging effects that UV rays have on skin and hair.
Your scalp and hair get damaged by the sun's damaging rays. Your hair becomes frizzy and your scalp becomes dry from it. Long hours under the sun can also damage your hair's natural colour. You need to protect your hair from direct sunlight if it has been highlighted or dyed. If you are going to be in the sun for a while, it is suggested to cover your hair. You can also coordinate your outfit with hats or scarves.
However, not everyone or all the time may want to cover up their hair. To protect your hair from damaging UV rays, you can use hair sunscreen. The use of hair sunscreen also lessens frizz. To have healthy hair, you have to commit to a committed hair care routine. A good hair care routine in summer will give you healthy, shiny and silky hair.
Summer Hair Care Tips For All Hair Types This Season
Here’s an easy yet effective summer hair care routine to maintain healthy hair with ease -
- Detangle your hair - The easiest way to prevent damage is by making sure you detangle your hair before you head into the pool or step outside. Hair breakage and hair loss can be caused by tangled hair. So be sure to gently and thoroughly untangle your hair, starting with the ends. Instead of brushing your hair while you're in the shower, use a wide-toothed comb before stepping in.
- Choose a hydrating shampoo - A shampoo that works well for your hair during winter may not work that well in the summer. Throw away your basic and outdated shampoo bottles and replace them with moisturising shampoos that will prevent your hair from being dry and damaged by robbing it of its natural oils. Make careful to review the shampoo's ingredient list before purchasing, and choose natural components to make a good choice.
Our recommendation - Aveda Nutriplenish Shampoo Light Moisture 250ml
It’s the best shampoo for hair that is highly formulated with Hydrolyzed Elastin to add strength and reduce breakage. It is lightweight and perfect for the summer season.
- Use a nourishing conditioner - The lengths of your hair should then be moisturised with a healthy conditioner. Never skip this step as it is the most crucial summer hair care advice. It majorly prevents split ends and frizzy hair by sealing moisture into your hair shaft. Before rinsing it out, let it on for two to three minutes to give your hair the chance of absorbing moisture. Use your fingers to gently untangle any knots.
Our recommendation- Kerastase Nutritive Lait Vital 200ml
This is a great conditioner which also helps to detangle your hair from any knots. It increases the shine and makes your hair look bouncy and fresh throughout the season.
- Apply hair serum - Hair serum is the best way to protect your hair from heat and keep the split ends and frizz at bay. A small amount goes a long way and leaves your hair with a shine that can be spotted from miles away. Once your hair is halfway dry, take a few drops of serum and evenly distribute them throughout the lengths of your hair. If you don't have a serum, you could immediately after washing your hair use a leave-in conditioner. Your hair will retain moisture thanks to this.
Our recommendation- Kerastase Resistance Serum Therapiste
In summer, because of sun damage and heat styling your hair can become dry and dull. This is the perfect product to fight it while giving you smooth and silky hair.
Sunscreen is not just for your face
Just the way you apply sunscreen on your face before you step out, your hair needs it too. Your hair is exposed to a variety of potentially harmful factors throughout the summer. Dryness, breakage, broken ends, and colour loss can result from this exposure. It's crucial to protect your hair by applying sunscreen or UV-protective hair products to stop these harmful effects. Additionally, regular deep conditioning treatments can help keep the hydration and quality of your hair.
Our recommendation- Sachajuan In The Sun
This is a lightweight, water-resistant and sun-defence mist that forms an invisible screen to help protect hair. The UVA / UVB filters from oregano and cinnamon bark oils protect the hair from the drying effect of the sun.
Additional Hair Care Tips for the Summer
You can protect your hair from the harsh hot weather and maintain its natural beauty and health by following a suitable summer hair care routine.
Here is some additional advice for maintaining healthy hair in the summer.
- Get a trim before summer begins. Split ends will be eliminated, and your style will be updated. You could also require a midseason cut.
- Skip the hot tools. Give your hair a rest from blow dryers, flat irons, and curling irons at least once or twice every week.
- Apply a hair mask regularly. Every once a week, after shampoo and conditioner make sure to apply a mask and keep it on for 4-5 minutes.
In conclusion, summer hair care is essential for maintaining healthy, gorgeous curls. One can prevent sun, chlorine, and other environmental damage by sticking to these 5 key hair care regimens and the right beauty products in Dubai. At The Juice Beauty, we provide a variety of efficient hair care products online so you can get the highest quality items for protecting your hair. We have many kinds of hair loss treatment products for women. You can have lush, lustrous hair all summer long now!
Disclaimer : The suggested products serve as general recommendations and should be considered as such. We highly recommend consulting with our The Juice Beauty Experts to have your skin assessed and review your current skincare products before embarking on any new skincare regimen. Terms and conditions apply.