Do You Really Need Both a Day and Night Cream?
Picture beginning your day with a burst of energy, feeling revitalised and ready to take on the world. Just like you, your skin craves that same energy. But as the day gives way to night, your skin needs an entirely different kind of energy, a chance to replenish and restore itself as you sleep. This takes us to the age-old question: Is it necessary to use both a day and night cream? Let’s set out to discover the secrets behind these skincare necessities and assess if they genuinely deserve a place in your regular regimen.
Day Cream vs. Night Cream
As the names suggest, day creams are applied first thing in the morning, and night creams are applied at bedtime. Ideally, your daylight moisturiser should contain vitamins, minerals, and other components that you need to effectively protect your skin. Day creams are also much lighter as they act as a base for your make up too.
Night creams are generally heavier and contain ingredients like retinol, peptides and restoring ingredients that have anti-aging benefits to renew your skin. There are many skin care products that can cause a reaction if mixed together. So, before using any such strong ingredients it is best to consult a dermatologist or you can contact our The Juice Beauty expert to be on the safer side.
Most mosturisers can function fine as both day and night cream but they both boost different benefits. Day creams, for example, may provide "protection from the environment" while you're out and about in the weather, but night creams may focus on nightly "repair" to restore your skin after the stresses of the day.
What To Look For In A Day Cream
When searching to buy the best day cream online, there are several key factors to consider to ensure you choose the right product for your skincare needs.
1. Hydrating components- Hydration is an important factor. Choose a day cream that provides deep moisturization to keep your skin hydrated all day. Look for ingredients that help maintain moisture and enhance skin suppleness.
2. Skin type- When choosing a day cream, keep your skin type in mind. Choose a lightweight, oil-free product that won't clog pores if you have oily or acne-prone skin. You can also try to look for moisturisers which have some SPF in it to keep your skin protected.
3. Multipurpose benefits- Finally, choose a day cream that has additional skin care advantages, like brightening agents, SPF or anti-aging characteristics, to target particular issues and improve your overall complexion.
What to Look for in a Night Cream
When looking to buy night creams online, it's important to consider certain factors that will fulfil your skin's needs while you sleep.
1. Right ingredients- First and foremost, prioritize ingredients that promote skin repair and rejuvenation. Take a look at products that contain retinol or peptides, these ingredients are harsh and must be taken with proper guidance. They aim to help stimulate collagen production and reduce the appearance of fine lines.
2. Antioxidant properties- Another important factor to consider is night creams that provide antioxidant protection. Look for components like vitamin C and green tea extract, which can help neutralise free radicals and heal environmental damage.
3. Targeted skin concerns- Additionally, if you have particular problems like hyperpigmentation or uneven skin tone, look for night creams with chemicals that target them and may help brighten and level out your complexion.
Do You Need Both?
To keep things simple, it may be best to think about it this way: Your daytime moisturizer should be focused on protection, and your nighttime routine should be focused on repair.
Here are some of the best day and night creams to make the most of your skincare routine.
1. Aurelia London Cell Revitalise Day Moisturiser-
Aurelia London Cell Revitalise Day Moisturiser is an award-winning, whipped moisturizer that blends PROTIDA ingredients with botanical extracts. It nourishes and protects the skin, leaving it soft and radiant. Sustainably sourced baobab, Kigelia Africana, rosehip, borage, mongongo, and argan oils provide hydration, while jasmine flower and frangipani extracts revitalize the senses.
Aurelia London Cell Revitalise Day Moisturiser
2. Rodial Dragon's Blood Sclupting Gel-
Rodial Dragon's Blood Sculpting Gel is a unique anti-aging gel that promotes a youthful complexion. It plumps and tightens loose skin, defines facial contours, and behaves as a second skin film. Infused with Collageneer and a dragon's blood formula, it enhances collagen synthesis, reduces wrinkles, promotes skin regeneration, and protects against free radicals, giving you the ideal skin.
Rodial Dragon's Blood Sculpting Gel
3. Aveda Botanical Kinetics Hydrating Water Gel Creme-
Aveda Botanical Kinetics Hydrating Water Gel Creme is a mineral-rich, vegan formula that provides 24-hour hydration. Its fast-absorbing water gel texture restores radiance, plumps the skin, and minimizes the appearance of fine dry lines. With plant-derived hyaluronic acid and skin-calming ingredients like Centella Asiatica, it soothes, reduces redness, and strengthens the skin's protective barrier.
Aveda Botanical Kinetics Hydrating Water Gel Creme
1. Aurelia London Cell Revitalise Night Moisturiser-
Aurelia London Cell Revitalise Night Moisturiser is an award-winning, ultra-rich cream infused with PROTIDA and botanicals. Firming Kigelia africana, rosehip, and hibiscus oils counteract oxidative stress, while hydrating borage, mongongo, and avocado oils. Shea butter, aloe vera, and essential oils calm the skin and encourage comfortable sleep.
Aurelia London Cell Revitalise Night Moisturiser
2. Rodial Pink Diamond Retinol Overnight Gel-
Rodial Pink Diamond Retinol Overnight Gel is a reviving skincare treatment filled with diamond powder for a radiant face. It decreases evidence of ageing, such as fine lines and wrinkles, using vitamin C and strengthening peptides. The lightweight composition hydrates quickly without feeling oily. For optimum results, use after cleansing and toning.
Rodial Pink Diamond Retinol Overnight Gel
In conclusion, both a day and night cream in your skincare routine are highly beneficial. Day creams offer protection, provide hydration, and create a suitable canvas for makeup. Night creams, on the other hand, work diligently during your skin's overnight regeneration process, replenishing moisture, promoting repair, and addressing specific skin concerns.
At The Juice Beauty, you can buy beauty products online that fit your skincare regimen, which is why we offer a wide selection of skin care products online in Dubai catering to various skin types. Embrace the power of both creams to enhance your skin's health and radiance around the clock with our beauty sale.
Disclaimer : The suggested products serve as general recommendations and should be considered as such. We highly recommend consulting with our The Juice Beauty Experts to have your skin assessed and review your current skincare products before embarking on any new skincare regimen. Terms and conditions apply.