Save your skin from the sun: 5 reasons why SPF is essential in summer
As we head into the summer months, most of us know the importance of wearing sunscreen in the hot, blazing sun. With the hot season coming, we couldn't be more excited to soak up some rays and enjoy the warm weather. Let's take a look at five reasons why SPF is an important need throughout the summer. Take a sip of something cool, relax, and let's begin protecting your skin from those dangerous UV rays.
Before we get into why SPF is important in the summer, let’s take a look at how sun exposure damages your skin.
Your skin has a built-in defensive system. That, however, is insufficient to shield you from the negative effects of sunshine. UVA (ultraviolet A) rays speed up skin ageing whereas UVB (ultraviolet B) rays can burn skin, both of which are serious effects of sun exposure.Without any protection, this can cause long-term harm such as darkening, wrinkles, brown pigmentation, skin discolouration, age spots, pimples, roughness, and sagging skin. Skin cancer and sun sensitivity responses are among the most serious health issues.However, using natural therapies and sunscreen with a high SPF will help you avoid all these problems.
Reasons to wear sunscreen daily
- Prevents premature skin ageing
Younger-looking, flawless, radiant, and healthy skin is every person's dream. First and foremost, daily use of sunscreen postpones the onset of old age. Your skin's collagen and elastin can become damaged by the sun's damaging UV rays, resulting in wrinkles and fine lines. You can prevent this harm to your skin and maintain your skin's young appearance for longer by applying sunscreen. Who doesn't want to appear younger than they are?
- Helps maintain an even skin tone
Another excellent benefit of using sunscreen every day is to maintain a healthy skin tone. Your skin may become uneven as a result of sun damage, developing dark areas and blotches on your face. This can be avoided, and using sunscreen daily will keep your skin looking young and healthy. Additionally, maintaining an equal skin tone is considerably simpler than attempting to adjust it later.
- Prevent the early onset of wrinkles & fine lines
Speaking about fine lines and wrinkles, using sunscreen may help in preventing them from appearing. Your skin may become less elastic as a result of UV exposure, which will make wrinkles more likely to appear. You can shield your skin from this harm and keep it looking supple and smooth by applying sunscreen. Apart from that there are many skin care products for dry skin that also help deal with wrinkles and fine lines.
- Reduces inflammation
Wearing sunscreen also has the effect of reducing inflammation. Your skin can become irritated as a result of sun damage, causing redness and discomfort. You can stop this from happening and maintain calm- healthy skin by applying SPF every day. Plus, who wants to deal with a red, irritated face?
- Prevents sunburn and tanning
Of course, avoiding sunburn and tanning is one of the most important benefits of using sunscreen every day. Sunburn can be painful and damaging to your skin, while tanning can increase your risk of skin cancer.
Here are some products that you can try:
- Moremo Sun Stick 16g
- Mad Hippie Daily Pro Serum SPF 30
- Bondi Sands Sunny Daze Hydrating SPF 50 Moisturizer 50g
- Rodial SPF 50 Drops 30ml
- Bondi Sands Sunscreen Lotion SPF50+ Face 75ml
But let's face it, sometimes we do forget to constantly apply sunscreen. Also sometimes it might feel greasy or sticky on your skin, and it can be challenging to keep track of when you last applied it. Here are some suggestions to make things a little more enjoyable and carefree:
- Choose a sunscreen that you enjoy applying: There are plenty of different types of sunscreen out there, so don't settle for one that you don't like. Before you find one that suits your skin and doesn't leave a residue, test out a few different brands and formulations.
- Apply an SPF-containing face moisturiser: Try using a face moisturiser with SPF if you don't like the way regular sunscreen feels on your skin. There are several substitutes available, and they might be an excellent method to safeguard your skin without feeling like you're using sunscreen. One of the best SPF is the Moremo Sun Stick. It is easy to apply as well as carry around with you, providing you hydration and protection from the sun.
- Wear sunglasses and a hat: If you're going to be outside for a long time, cover your face and eyes with a hat and some sunglasses to avoid burning. This may be a nice accent in addition to protecting your skin!
- Make it a regular part of your day: If you have trouble remembering to use sunscreen every day, consider keeping a bottle next to your toothbrush or on your bedside.
In conclusion, wearing sunscreen with a high SPF is one of the most efficient ways to protect your skin from the sun throughout the summer. Sun exposure may result in severe sunburns as well as long-term harm, such as early ageing and a higher chance of developing skin problems. Save your skin and shop for beauty products at The Juice Beauty for the best results.
If you're in the market looking to buy SPF products online, at The Juice Beauty we offer several options that are perfect for summer. Whether you have dry skin, oily or acne-prone skin, we have some amazing products for you. The range of skin care products online are specially formulated to protect you from the sun so you can freely enjoy going to the pool without worrying about tanning or any skin problems. Save your skin now with our beauty products at The Juice Beauty.
Disclaimer : The suggested products serve as general recommendations and should be considered as such. We highly recommend consulting with our The Juice Beauty Experts to have your skin assessed and review your current skincare products before embarking on any new skincare regimen. Terms and conditions apply.